My Blog List

My Blog List

Sunday 31 December 2017

Review & Preview

A very good year, I think that's how I'll remember 2017  as I think I found my place in the hobby world, or as I said in a post near the end of last year my hobby bottle finely wash up on the beach :)

The surprise twist of the year was me getting back into playing 40K but that's of no real interest from a hobby point of view, no the two big things was The Heart Stone of Africa & solo play Pulp Alley & these two things drove all I did hobby wise apart from summer when I'd to get my Sisters of Battle ready for 40K, but I seen that as just something I'd to do & not apart of my hobby.

So that was the year that was so what about the year that's to be ?  well lets take a look at what my plans are for that shall we ?

First up is the Heart Stone of Africa, we left it with Connie, Taylor & Co safe & heading down river to Swatrow , this brought the first part of the story to a close & tbh brought me back to square one from the script side of things as apart from knowing where their going to head next I've not done any writhing for it by way of how the story unfolds, going forwards it will change from time to time.

Yes Congo this was part of my Christmas loot & I'd bet you've guessed where their headed ?  the plan was from the start for them to head into the heart of darkness & I'll use the game Congo to help drive the story, this makes it more interesting for me as it takes things out of my control to a degree :)

Now you know the story will continue but as I've a lot of stuff to do script, stars, props & sets I'd guess it will take awhile to real get going with it but I'm still hoping to be able to do a post a month.

Pulp Alley will see the Perilous Island campaign continue & then move on to one of the other campaign books, which one I've yet to decide but at this point I can tell you it won't be Vice Alley as I've not the stars or sets to do that one yet.

While on Pulp Alley, Dave has been kind enough to send me some new cards to add to the solo deck for play testing :) these will imho add a good deal to the game but more then that I'll not say at this point, but rest assured I'll fill you in on theses  in the AAR's.

Just before I go I'd like to announce the signing of one of the biggest stars of all time by Nickel & Dime Productions, with a career spanning close on 100 years this start has appeared in many Hollywood block busters in his time & will I'm sure star in many more, just as the Nazis are everyone's favourite bad guys this guy is one of everyone's favourite monsters & I look forward to working with him :) I am of course talking about Mr T Rex  one of my all time favourite stars.


That's a rap for this post, so all that's left is to wish you guys a very Happy New Year & as always my thanks for dropping in & if you care to comment it would be welcomed,   

 

9 comments:

  1. Brilliant stuff Frank! Really looking forward to 2018 :) I got to sit in on a Congo game at Historicon and it was great fun, I think it'll be perfect for you. That's really neat to hear you've gotten into the 'inner circle' as it were with Dave testing out some PA solo cards - can't wait to see how you do with them.
    I think I have Mr. Rex's brother Ron in one of my boxes in the studio lol! Fantastic model and that moveable jaw is the business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, yes I think Congo will work well for what I want to do, the solo cards are some thing I was hoping Dave would add to.

      Mr Rex is a great model no doubt & I didn't even have to paint him :)

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year!

    I'm looking forward to more solo cards for Pulp Alley! Hopefully they don't make the game more complicated, and provide good stuff as well as bad for your solo gang. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fitz, I think that's one of the things most players love about PA is how simple it is rules wise & worry about change, but from what Dave has said on the PA forms about PA2 I get the feeling he want to keep it that way to.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year to you, Panama. New solo cards sound intriguing! I was very happy to hear Dave hint that they might introduce some solo cards into the Phantom Agents reward pack - things get better and better for those of us lacking regular gaming partners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Idle & a Happy New Year to you, yes new solo cards most welcome I hope to try these new ones out in the next couple of days :)

      Delete
  4. Nickel and Dime Productions are certainly going up in the world signing a big star like Mr Rex, hope his dressing room is up to his high standards or there's going to be trouble :-)
    On a more technical note I added myself as a groupie (you were the first blog I followed) but didn't get a notification of this post. Do you know if I need to do anything else to see a notification?
    Cheers and happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Frank - I've found where the notifications appear.
    Duhhh.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vagabond & Happy New Year, yes an unhappy Mr Rex is not something I'd want :) I'm honoured that you should pick my blog :) on the technical side of things I'm glad to to hear that as I'd be not much use in pointing you in the right direction, computers & me :(

      Delete