My Blog List

My Blog List

Wednesday 25 October 2017

When a shoot goes wrong

With work having started again on  The Heart Stone of Africa (fear not the next chapter is already complete) I thought I give you folks a little insight into a shoot that went wrong lol.
So I started work on getting the set ready &
to say I was happy with the way the set came together is to be telling you dear readers nothing but the truth, well would I tell you anything else ?
So with the stars in place it was time to get the camera rolling, all quite on the set please.
The weather was fine & the actors all followed the directors orders with aplomb.
You wouldn't believe how difficult stars can be sometimes. 
So with the days shooting done & sent back to the studio everyone was well pleased with themselves.
That's when the mistake  was noticed, what mistake Frank I hear you say the shots look fine.

Yes they do I agree with you, the problem is their meant to be headed down river lol.
A great looking set set up & taking apart & a days filming wasted, this could really put the production way over budget & to add to the problems after a blazing argument with the Director I fired the guy, So if any for you guys fancy the job let me know in the comments below.

Well that brings this sorry post to an end, as always my thanks for dropping in & don't forget if your interested in the Director's job to sent in your CV detailing your latest work. 

6 comments:

  1. Great looking set up, even if they are headed in the wrong direction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Preacher, that was the only good thing about it & been able to do this fun little post that is lol.

      Delete
  2. That set look fantastic. but, yes, I can say I've done an entire shoot only to notice a tape measure in the middle of the set and other absurd oversights.

    I feel ya'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Will, these kind of things I would guess happen to us all from time to time, all you can do is take it on the chin & carry on.

      The good thing is that your learning new tricks & ways of doing stuff even when things do go pair shape lol.

      Delete
  3. Ha! I always felt that the best lost secret treasures/areas were hidden behind a waterfall, and that means going up river so I think you're ok :) The photos look brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, & while I agree 100% about the wonders that might be found behind a waterfall it's not in the story at this point, but I'll put the idea in storage :]

      If you fancy been a script writer you'd be welcome on board but be warned the pay is crap :]

      Delete