My Blog List

My Blog List

Sunday 2 November 2014

Pulp Alley 3 way

Mayhem absolute mayhem & great fun that's the best way I can explain my latest game of pulp alley, regular readers will know that my son Paddy & I had just kick off a little campaign of pulp alley as we go about getting to grips with the rules.


Well it just so happened that another son of mine Trevor was home from OZ for a couple of weeks & decided he'd join in, now before I go any foreword let me tell you that Trevor unlike Paddy & myself is not a table top gamer, but so simple are the basic rules of pulp alley that he was able to join in the fun using the league from the rulebook.



As I said above this game was a complete blast & proved to me something that I'd thought might be the case, that pulp alley becomes a different game when you have more then 2 players.
What the extra player brought to this game was the whole players making alliances with one another & then stabbing each other in the back as the game twisted & turned.



A blooded affair this game was with Panama Jack & the crew all falling by the way a part from Lucinda Green that was, while over in Paddy's comer things weren't much better  with his leader the Duchess among other's also falling leaving the way clear for my non gaming son Trevor to slip in & win the day.


I think in pulp alley I've found a game that very much suits where I want to be hobby wise at the moment & while it will be after Christmas before I start doing a lot of the stuff I want to do in pulp alley & in a way I've nearly come full circle in the hobby as with my not been able to get in to the club these days it just Paddy & myself playing as it was all those years back when we started playing 40k, anyway I hope to have more time in the newyear & hopefully can talk 1or 2 others in the club to joining in on pulp alley.


So I'm going to finish up with a well done to Trevor on his win, a big thanks to both himself & Paddy for the game & thanks to you for dropping in & please call back soon.

PS I had more pictures of the game but for some reason only a few up loaded so sorry about that.

5 comments:

  1. I love the idea of small scale narrative skirmish games. Where do you get the rules for Pulp Alley?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this game looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feed back guys, the rules for pulp alley seem to leave a lot of room for how you want thinks to work & by that I don't mean in a badly written kind of way.

    The game is indeed good fun to play & very inexpensive I only have the rulebook at the moment but there are expansing books which I intend to get, anyway they can all be got as books or pdf's & here's a link to the site.

    http://pulpalley.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lot of fun was had. I do rather think Pulp Alley suits 3+ players to get the absolute most out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the feeling I got the first time I played it Dave tbh.

      Delete