My Blog List

My Blog List

Saturday 8 February 2014

CQLG Terrain

CQLG Terrain to fill you in stands for cheap, quick, & looks good terrain & that my friends is something I'm going to be trying to make a lot of over the next couple of months.

One of the funny things about table top gaming is that most people will put a lot of effort in to building armies but very little into terrain to go with them, I know that I for one have lost count of the amount of times I've seen to great armies on the battle field only for them to be let down by poor terrain.

Now what I don't want to do here is make a piece of this & a piece of that, no what I'm looking to do is make complete sets, I'll explain a few years back I was heading down to NWG & a long with my army I brought a complete battlefield, bunkers trenches barbed wire, tank traps & minefields to recreate the kind of battles that had been fraught on Vrak's.

Odd enough this is the kind of thing I'm going to be trying to do again as the Vraks battlefield ticked all the right boxes, It was cheap (under 50 euros) quick (only taking a couple of days to do) & it looked good, so that what I'm after again.

So what type of sets can I do & where can I look for ideas ? well IA books are good for a start as they tend to give a lot of detail of the setting the battle is been fought over, video games, movies & tv shows are all great for ideas, in fact one tv show that I'm a big lover of is firefly (sadly not enough other people where) as I think it has a great inquisitor feel about it.

I'd hoped to have started by this stage as I've already got some of the stuff for the first set & would have liked to have had a few wip pictures to put up in this post but life has decided to get in the way so pictures will have to wait I'm afraid.

So thanks for dropping in & be sure to come back to see how I'm getting on.



No comments:

Post a Comment